Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dairy Products with the word Cream

I have weird issues with cheese these days. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I am increasingly more particular about which kind I will eat. And when I say which kind, I'm not talking about the type of cheese: cheddar, feta, provolone. I'm talking about certain brands of shredded cheese that are just not acceptable for me anymore. Store-bought shredded cheese tends to have a powdery film on the outside of it.
Cellulose--An anti-caking agent. Ew.

But I'm too lazy to grate my own cheese so what I should probably do is get the F over it.

But I won't, I'll just keep complaining.

If it's melted then I don't really see a difference, it's when the cheese is raw that I just can't do it.

You will never see me eat shredded cheese on a salad.

Feta, I'm all about. Maybe I just like white cheeses. Wait, does that sound racist?

One thing I most definitely know is that I love dairy products with the word Cream: Sour Cream, Whip Cream, Ice Cream and Cream Cheese.

Now the word Cream is starting to look odd. Cream, Cream, Cream.

You simply cannot have Mexican food without Sour Cream, it just doesn't feel right.

And I'm at the point where I will refuse the food unless I have a glob of the fantastic white stuff on the side of my plate.

Is that so wrong?

I love everything about it. Sour Cream is perfect.

I mix it with my beans, my rice, stick it in my burrito, on my fajitas, I even mix it with my salsa and eat it with chips!

Mexican is not the only type of food that calls out Sour Cream's name.
In fact, you can put it on anything as far as I'm concerned.

But Sour Cream's thicker cousin Cream Cheese is even more amazing and delicious.

MMM. I'm hungry just thinking about it.

Cream Cheese has me sprung. That thickness just drives me crazy. I want to eat a bagel just to have a reason to consume that delicious white spread.

I will put it on anything. Crackers, pretzels, and chips. I want it around me all the time, just in case I get a craving.

Now, Ice Cream is very high on my dairy product list but you won't see it in my house very often.

And that is because my obsession with it needs to be kept in check at all times.
It's just not healthy (my obsession).

I could bathe in Ice Cream. I don't discriminate against certain flavors, of course I have my favorites, but any will do when I feel the burning desire forming inside me.

And who doesn't love Whip Cream?

It comes in a can that makes it ever-so-simple to put a little pile of the creamy goodness inside your mouth.

I can't complain with that.

And this is why I will never be vegan.

5 comments:

  1. VEGAN IS NOT A WORD IN MY VOCAB, DO YOUR THING HONEYDIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you on the pre-shredded cheese. My bf likes to get the pre-shredded cheese when making burritos or tacos. I refuse to eat it and will shred my own. HOWEVER, I have recently discovered Sargento brand pre-shredded cheese. Now don't get me wrong I prefer fresh shredded any day over pre-shredded, but Sargento doesn't have that nasty powdery film on it and it actually melts... Try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selecting cheese is like selecting fine wine. You've got to respect your cheese! I have a large block of Parmesan that I shred on my salads. Explore the world of cheeses and stop eating that pre-shredded junk that is not worthy of your delicate palate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you forgot my favorite cheese! NACHO CHEESE! yummmmmm

    ReplyDelete