Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Soul Searching

The dirt road divided yesterday as I walked along.
I tripped over a branch and landed in a patch of sunflowers, funny how things work out.
Swallowed by vibrant gold and staring at the baby blue sky--I saw my future.

Not as I envisioned just a few short months ago but spectacular and more promising.

Tears drip, drop, drip down my olive skin. Breathe. And sigh. And cry again.

Am I selfish? Am I wrong?
Or would this happen all along...

I've named my destiny: Shadow. Because she follows me everywhere I go.
Today, I welcome her with open arms as we laugh and run together.

On days when fear has kidnapped me and taken me to darkness--
The bright white light finds a way to my soul and carries me away.

A dreamer, a fighter, a woman with curiosity...

This is who I am. This is Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment