Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wondering about Wandering

Here I am, all twenty-seven years of being Me and still feeling like I'm seventeen.

This life has handed me a red velvet bag full of mystery.
I sift through wooden pieces to build my history.

I sleep and I dream and I wish and I scream...
I've come to realize that a leap is what I need.

Walking to the edge, preparing for the jump--excited for the endless wonders that have yet to come.

My first adventure outside the USA: my safety-net, my haven, the place I call home--
It's held me so comfortably but now it's time to roam.

Soon I'll have the experiences to build this library in my mind.
Finally fill this burning inside to see the world through other eyes.

42 days until Bali. 42 days 'til New Me.

For now I'll just imagine the new smells, sights, and sounds...
The way my body feels as my feet walk the ground.

I'll wander a land so foreign to me,
and add years to my life that will set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment