Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Understand Me

I wish you would stand by my side and embrace this growth I so desperately need.
Be there for me as I've been there for you.
Know if you do, I will always stay true.

Am I asking too much, am I way out of line?
Am I holding onto something that will just never be...
Will the distance between your time and mine just never align?

In my eyes, it's YOU that has walked out on me.
Not letting me discover the woman I'll be.
The wife that you want and the friend that you need.

It is you who is selfish this time around.
Walked out on me and pushed me down.
All because I had a dream and stood my ground.

If you understood me, you would still be right here.

But instead you accuse me of choosing this over you,
that I lied about my love, that I just wasn't true.

All I can do is what I feel in my heart...
and hope that soon we will not be apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment